Missed the presentation of this year’s Railway Budget?
Here’s a fast recap of all major announcements presented by Railway Minister, Mr. Suresh Prabhu.
The key themes of the Budget were in line with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s initiatives – Swachch Bharat Mission, make in India, and Digital India
The highlights were:
- The most-expected half regarding this year’s Railway Budget – there’s no increase in passenger rail fares.
- 8.5 lakh crores is endowed in Railways in next five years.
- ‘Operation 5 mins’, whereby passengers’ travelling unreserved can buy a price ticket in five
- Introduction of Bio bathrooms and airplane-type vacuum bathrooms in trains.
- Police work cameras (surveillance) in selected coaches and ladies compartments for women’s safety while not compromising on privacy.
- Rail tickets will currently be reserved a hundred and twenty days before.
- Speed on 9 railway corridors to go up to two hundred kilometers per hour.
- Wi-Fi in additional stations, itinerant charging facilities altogether train compartments.
- Facility of on-line booking of chair for senior voters.
- Satellite railway terminals in major cities.
- Centrally managed Rail Display Network is predicted to be introduced in over two thousand stations over consecutive 2 years.
- All India nation 24/7 helpline – 138 from March 2015; Toll free No.182 for security.
- 917 road under-bridges and over-bridges to be created to interchange three,438 railway crossings; at a price of Rs. 6,581 crores.
- Four Railway Analysis Centers to start out in four universities.
- Details regarding new trains and exaggerated frequency are declared later during this session of Parliament once
What is the investment plan?
The Railway Budget envisages associate degree investment of Rs. 8.5 lakh crores in next 5 years.
How is it about to be mobilized?
The Minister urged that the money may be raised from multiple sources – from multipartite development banks to pension funds.
What is the action arrange within the sphere fund raising?
Go in for partnership with key stakeholders – States, PSUs, partner with multipartite and bi-lateral organizations alternative governments to achieve access to long funding. Also, get technology from overseas. The personal sector may be roped in to enhance last-mile property, expand fleet of wheeled vehicle and modernize station infrastructure.
What is the thrust?
The thrust are on revamping management practices, systems, processes, and re-tooling of human resources.
What is the proposal on capability augmentation?
1. De-congesting networks with basket of traffic-generating comes are the priority
2. Priority to last-mile property comes
3. Fast-track sanctioned works on seven thousand kilometers of double/third/fourth lines
4. Authorizing 1200 kilometers in 2015-16 at associate degree investment of Rs. 8,686 crores, 84% higher Year-Over-Year.
5. Authorizing 800 kilometers of gauge conversion targeted in current financial year.
6. Seventy seven project covering 9,400 kilometers of doubling/tripling/quadrupling works together with electrification, covering most States, at a price of Rs. 96,182 crores that is over 2700% higher in terms of quantity sanctioned.
7. Traffic facility work may be a high priority with associate degree outlay of Rs. 2374 crores.
8. Award of 750 kilometers of civil contracts and 1300 kilometers of system contracts in 2015-16 on Dedicated
9. Freight passageway (DFC); fifty five kilometers section of jap DFC to be completed within the current year.
10. Preliminary engineering-cum-traffic survey (PETS) for four alternative DFCs current.
11. Acceleration of pace of Railway electrification: half dozen,608 route kilometers sanctioned for 2015-16, a rise of 1330% over the previous year.